Introducing WI Campaigns
Formed in 1915, the WI has a long history of campaigning on a wide range of issues.
WI campaigns are about changing things for the better and tackling the issues that matter to members.
Members are at the heart of the WI and they play a central role in bringing issues onto the WI's national agenda through our public affairs and campaigning. From equal pay to climate change, from gaps in the midwifery workforce to the plight of the honey bee, WI members have embraced a diverse set of challenges and built a reputation for the WI as a practical and ambitious organisation that doesn't shy away from tricky issues.
At the NFWI Resolution Shortlist Selection meeting member and federation delegates shortlisted five resolutions which are taken forward for further debate and voting by members.
The shortlisted resolutions for 2022
- Appropriate Sentencing of Non-Violent Women Offenders
- Equality in Law for the Menopause
- Fit for Purpose – Fit for Girls
- Tackling Digital Exclusion
- Women and Girls with ASD and ADHD Under-Identified, Under-Diagnosed and Under-Supported - was selected for debate at the AGM in Liverpool, June 2022
Find out more about our current campaigns on MyWI:
- See the Signs
- Make a Match
- Stop Modern Slavery
- 5 Minutes That Matter
- Climate Change
- End Plastic Soup
- Food Matters
- Get on Board for a Better Bus Service
- Link Together
- Make Time for Mental Health
- No More Violence Against Women
- SOS for Honeybees
- Care Not Custody
- Carers Welcome
- More Midwives
- Time to Talk about Organ Donation